We cultivate these things for the children’s sake:
- A respectful learning atmosphere based upon the recognition that children are first and foremost persons.
- A small, ‘human scale’ school intentional about individual, family and community relationships. We limit our class sizes to 12 students per class to reflect this principle.
- A rich, relevant, rigorous curriculum designed to intrigue, delight and challenge students. We draw on the best books, regular excursions, the arts, the sciences and the natural world.
- Supported, caring teachers with specialized training.
- Unique, effective instructional and assessment practices employing ‘retelling,’ self-effort and trained attention.